If you're struggling with debt, you're not alone - from mortgage and car payments to student loan debt to credit card bills, most of us have some form of debt that we're working to pay off. Happily, there are plenty of excellent strategies to manage and pay down your debt - without losing your sanity. From tips on bringing in extra income by earning money online to pay down debt faster, to important 'debt housekeeping' ideas like monitoring your credit score or reducing monthly payments until you're back on track - these are surefire strategies you can use now.
Fix Your Credit
Do you know your credit score? Even if you're not planning on financing any large purchases this year, it's still important to keep an eye on your credit score - it's a good indicator of your financial health, and you'll be able to catch any anomalies that could indicate that your identity has been stolen.
Reduce Your Payments
If you're feeling overwhelmed by debt, there are key steps you need to consider to stay on the path to paying off your bills. Reducing your payments to creditors each month can be a short-term fix - particularly if you've had a recent life change like losing a job, or getting a divorce. We'll look into choices like refinancing your loans, the pros and cons of credit card balance transfers, and selling assets.
Should you avalanche or snowball method your way out of debt? Is is possible to pay off debt quickly and still have a life? What are the tricks to paying off $80k in student loans in under 5 years? We're sharing all of the tips and methods that can help you manage debt better - and pay it off.
- 6 Mistakes First-Time Buyers Need To Avoid
- What is the Difference Between a FICO Score and Vantage Credit Score?
- Steps For Stopping The Cycle Of Debt
- Things To Consider When Getting A Loan
- 3 Practical Tips When You’re Struggling Financially
- 7 Smart Tips for Getting Out of Credit Card Debt
- Rights and Responsibilities of Consumers When Borrowing Online
- Choosing A Mortgage When Buying A Home
- My Wife And I Paid Off 80k Of Student Debt In 3 Years
- What You Should Know About Car Financing
- 3 Ways Getting Into Debt is Actually Good for You
- 5 Smart Ways To Stay In Control Of Your Debt
- How To Deal With Financial Stress
- Dealing With Bankruptcy: 5 Steps To Avoid Financial Disaster
- Different Types of Home Loans and Choosing the Right One
- What Happens To Credit Card Debts After A Divorce?
- What Are the Benefits of Having Different Credit Cards?
- How Can You Make The House Selling Process Easier To Deal With?
- Loan Qualifications: The Requirements for Hard Money Loans
- What Are the Financial Benefits of Debt Consolidation?
- 6 Factors to Consider Before Taking Out a Car Title Loan
- How to Pay Off Debt Fast
- What Is Stopping You From Paying Off Your Debt?
- Incentives To Remove Yourself From Debt
- What Are the Different Types of Personal Loans That Exist Today?
- Mortgage Tips To Save You Cash
- Top 3 Causes Of Debt & How To Prevent Them
- 5 Tips & Practices To Reduce Your Debts
- The Brief Guide That Makes Finding Emergency Funds Simple
- Get Out Of Debt Faster With These Tips
- What Are Crypto Credit Cards and Should You Get One?
- Surefire Ways To Stay Out Of Debt
- How to Get Out of Debt Quickly: 10 Ways Anyone Can Create Financial Resilience
- Is It Time You Went Bankrupt?
- All About Title Loans
- Here’s How to Get the Best Credit Score Possible
- Avoiding Debt Via Divorce
- Basic Steps Towards Buying a Home
- 5 Signs You’re Not Ready to Invest in a House
- Tips To Help You Buy a Car Even if You Have Bad Credit
- What Is Considered Bad Credit?
- Home Funding: 7 Key Ways to Finance Your Home Improvement Projects
- Struggling to Pay Your Mortgage during the Pandemic? 8 Things You Should Try
- The Road To Becoming Debt Free: You Don’t Have To Ride Alone
- 4 Things to Do If You Want to Get Out of Debt
- Looking To Improve Your Credit Score? Here Is What You Should Do
- Everything You Need To Know About Using Loans To Clear Debt
- Could Bankruptcy Be Your Way Out Of A Financial Mess?
- Signs that you Have way too Much Debt
- 6 Common Mistakes with Credit and How to Avoid Them
- Medical Debt: Facing A Modern Crisis
- From Debt Ridden To Debt Free: A Guide
- Negotiating a Settlement With a Debt Collector
- 7 Things to Look For When Choosing Bankruptcy Attorneys
- 5 Factors to Consider When Choosing Mortgage Lenders
- Your Ultimate Guide To Car Title Loans And When To Use Them
- Credit Cards Aren’t All Bad – Here’s How They Can Help You
- Can You Pay Off Debt Quickly And Have A Life?
- Is A Loan A Good Idea?
- Simple Strategies That Will Help You Get Out Of Debt
- What We Learned about Student Loan Debt the Hard Way
- The Best Debt Payment Plans Out There
- How to Deal With Debt Collectors When You Can’t Pay
- How to Buy a Foreclosed Home: 5 Things You Need to Know
- 3 Reasons You’re Struggling With Debt And How To Break Free
- 7 Practical Ways to Manage Your Debt
- Top Strategies To Pay Off Your Student Loan Debt Fast
- Is a Personal Loan Better Than a Credit Card?
- Making the Decision: When to Get a Payday Loan (and When to Stick It Out)
- 6 Ways To Reduce Your Debt And Improve Your Financial Health
- What Is Student Loan Debt Forgiveness and How Does It Work?
- Mortgage Protection Preserves Your Future
- The Top Debt Reduction Tips and Strategies to Help Get Back in the Black
- 5 Tips to Create a Debt Elimination Plan That Really Works
- 4 Types of Title Loans That You Can Get If You Have a Cash Emergency
- How to Invest in Your Education the Right Way: For Free