If you're struggling with debt, you're not alone - from mortgage and car payments to student loan debt to credit card bills, most of us have some form of debt that we're working to pay off. Happily, there are plenty of excellent strategies to manage and pay down your debt - without losing your sanity. From tips on bringing in extra income by earning money online to pay down debt faster, to important 'debt housekeeping' ideas like monitoring your credit score or reducing monthly payments until you're back on track - these are surefire strategies you can use now.
Fix Your Credit
Do you know your credit score? Even if you're not planning on financing any large purchases this year, it's still important to keep an eye on your credit score - it's a good indicator of your financial health, and you'll be able to catch any anomalies that could indicate that your identity has been stolen.
Reduce Your Payments
If you're feeling overwhelmed by debt, there are key steps you need to consider to stay on the path to paying off your bills. Reducing your payments to creditors each month can be a short-term fix - particularly if you've had a recent life change like losing a job, or getting a divorce. We'll look into choices like refinancing your loans, the pros and cons of credit card balance transfers, and selling assets.
Should you avalanche or snowball method your way out of debt? Is is possible to pay off debt quickly and still have a life? What are the tricks to paying off $80k in student loans in under 5 years? We're sharing all of the tips and methods that can help you manage debt better - and pay it off.
- The Road To Becoming Debt Free: You Don’t Have To Ride Alone
- 4 Things to Do If You Want to Get Out of Debt
- Looking To Improve Your Credit Score? Here Is What You Should Do
- Everything You Need To Know About Using Loans To Clear Debt
- Could Bankruptcy Be Your Way Out Of A Financial Mess?
- Signs that you Have way too Much Debt
- 6 Common Mistakes with Credit and How to Avoid Them
- Medical Debt: Facing A Modern Crisis
- From Debt Ridden To Debt Free: A Guide
- Negotiating a Settlement With a Debt Collector
- 7 Things to Look For When Choosing Bankruptcy Attorneys
- 5 Factors to Consider When Choosing Mortgage Lenders
- Your Ultimate Guide To Car Title Loans And When To Use Them
- Credit Cards Aren’t All Bad – Here’s How They Can Help You
- What is the Difference Between a FICO Score and Vantage Credit Score?
- Can You Pay Off Debt Quickly And Have A Life?
- Choosing A Mortgage When Buying A Home
- My Wife And I Paid Off 80k Of Student Debt In 3 Years
- Is A Loan A Good Idea?
- Simple Strategies That Will Help You Get Out Of Debt
- What We Learned about Student Loan Debt the Hard Way
- The Best Debt Payment Plans Out There
- How to Deal With Debt Collectors When You Can’t Pay
- How to Buy a Foreclosed Home: 5 Things You Need to Know
- 3 Reasons You’re Struggling With Debt And How To Break Free
- 7 Practical Ways to Manage Your Debt
- Top Strategies To Pay Off Your Student Loan Debt Fast
- Is a Personal Loan Better Than a Credit Card?
- Making the Decision: When to Get a Payday Loan (and When to Stick It Out)
- 6 Ways To Reduce Your Debt And Improve Your Financial Health
- What Is Student Loan Debt Forgiveness and How Does It Work?
- What is a Hard Money Loan and How is Different From Traditional Loans?
- What Happens When You Default on a Loan? A Guide on Everything to Know
- Get Your Home Ready To Sell
- Mortgage Protection Preserves Your Future
- The Top Debt Reduction Tips and Strategies to Help Get Back in the Black
- Are You Using Your Card Right Online?
- How to Get Credit Card Without Credit
- What Do You Need to Get a Title Loan? Guide to Title Loan Requirements
- 5 Tips to Create a Debt Elimination Plan That Really Works
- 4 Types of Title Loans That You Can Get If You Have a Cash Emergency
- How to Invest in Your Education the Right Way: For Free
- Money Traps to Avoid
- Things To Consider When Getting A Loan
- Debt Avalanche vs Snowball Method
- Don’t Fall into These Common Mortgage Mistakes
- The Dangers of Home Equity Loans
- Learn How Much Interest Payments Really Cost
- 5 Questions To Ask Before Increasing Your Financial Commitments
- Credit Card Balance Transfer Pros and Cons
- Borrowing Money to Buy a Car?
- Credit Report: A Loved One Stole My Identity – What Can I Do?
- You May Be in Debt Because You Think Salary and Net Pay Are the Same Thing
- The Problems with Debt Rules of Thumb
- What to Consider When Choosing a Credit Card
- 5 Ways to Lower Your Debt Costs
- 13 Things You Shouldn’t Use Debt to Buy
- 5 Ways to Pay Your Mortgage off Early
- Before Your Debt Gets out of Hand: How to Stop Bankruptcy Before It’s Too Late
- Remaining Smart About Your Financial Obligations
- How to Get a Quick Loan Online
- How to Know How Much Money I Can Borrow
- 11 Must-Know Financial Tips for First Time Homeowners
- Are You Applying For Your First Mortgage? Here Are The Different Types of Mortgages
- Start Building an Emergency Fund: Don’t Get Lost In The Details
- 6 Ways to Stay Motivated While Paying off Debt
- Should You Use Zero Percent Offers to Make Expensive Purchases?
- Don’t Make These Mistakes When Trying To Get Out Of Debt
- 3 Important Things to Consider Before Applying for a Title Loan
- 3 Last Resort Options When You Can’t Afford To Pay Your Debts
- Ending the Debt Cycle: 4 Things You Can Do Today
- Was Your Loan Denied? Find out What to Do Now
- Navigating The Darker Side Of Money
- Declaring Bankruptcy: 6 Signs It Might Be Time to Throw in the Towel
- What Are the Best No Credit Loan Options in Las Vegas?
- Different Types of Loans and When to Use Them
- Line of Credit Vs. a Personal Loan: When Is the Right Time to Go for Each?
- What to do When Your Debt is Spiraling Out of Control
- 6 Need to Know Tips to Help You Pay Back Your Loan Without Any Problems
- What Does It Mean to Declare Bankruptcy and Whether You Should Do It
- Tips On How To Avoid Getting Into Debt
- What Happens If You Stop Making Payments on Credit Card Bills?
- Bouncing Back: A Beginner’s Guide to Repairing Your Credit
- 9 Ways to Pay for Unplanned Expenses (When You’re Already Broke)
- Getting Paid to Play: 10 Tips to Help You Choose the Best Travel Credit Card
- How to Get Excellent Credit in 3 Easy Steps
- Red Flags: When Your Debt Needs Attention
- 5 Ways to Minimize Your Chances of Holiday Debt
- Top 10 Reasons to File for Bankruptcy Right Away
- A Brief Overview of The Different Types of Business Loans
- How To Calculate Simple Interest and Understand How It Works
- What You Need to Know to Qualify for a Personal Loan in Canada
- How Much Money Should You Spend on the Holidays?
- Rights and Responsibilities of Consumers When Borrowing Online
- 9 Things You Should Know About Taking out a Personal Loan
- A Vigilant Vehicle Hunter: Buying A Car That’s Not A Deathtrap
- 7 Smart Tips for Getting Out of Credit Card Debt