If you're struggling with debt, you're not alone - from mortgage and car payments to student loan debt to credit card bills, most of us have some form of debt that we're working to pay off. Happily, there are plenty of excellent strategies to manage and pay down your debt - without losing your sanity. From tips on bringing in extra income by earning money online to pay down debt faster, to important 'debt housekeeping' ideas like monitoring your credit score or reducing monthly payments until you're back on track - these are surefire strategies you can use now.
Fix Your Credit
Do you know your credit score? Even if you're not planning on financing any large purchases this year, it's still important to keep an eye on your credit score - it's a good indicator of your financial health, and you'll be able to catch any anomalies that could indicate that your identity has been stolen.
Reduce Your Payments
If you're feeling overwhelmed by debt, there are key steps you need to consider to stay on the path to paying off your bills. Reducing your payments to creditors each month can be a short-term fix - particularly if you've had a recent life change like losing a job, or getting a divorce. We'll look into choices like refinancing your loans, the pros and cons of credit card balance transfers, and selling assets.
Should you avalanche or snowball method your way out of debt? Is is possible to pay off debt quickly and still have a life? What are the tricks to paying off $80k in student loans in under 5 years? We're sharing all of the tips and methods that can help you manage debt better - and pay it off.
- Husband And Wife Work Together To Pay Down $80,000 In Student Loan Debt
- What is the Difference Between a FICO Score and Vantage Credit Score?
- My Wife And I Paid Off 80k Of Student Debt In 3 Years
- Things to Consider When Choosing a Mortgage
- 5 Tips to Create a Debt Elimination Plan That Really Works
- 4 Types of Title Loans That You Can Get If You Have a Cash Emergency
- What Your Credit Score Is Costing You
- Purchasing A New Home with a Mortgage
- 4 Tips to Help Your Spouse Boost Their Credit Before Applying For Home Loans
- Going into Debt is Very Costly – Use These Tips to Get Out of Debt for Good
- How to Invest in Your Education the Right Way: For Free
- Simple Strategies That Will Help You Get Out Of Debt
- Taking The Complexity Out Of Borrowing Money From Lenders
- Money Traps to Avoid
- Real Estate Business Secrets Revealed – What Does a Buyer Agent Do All Day?
- Avoid Getting Deep into Debt When You Move Out on Your Own
- The Best Tips on How to Get a 720 Credit Score in 6 Months
- Things To Consider When Getting A Loan
- 4 Ways to Kickstart Paying off Your Debt
- Debt Avalanche vs Snowball Method
- Don’t Fall into These Common Mortgage Mistakes
- Should You Pay Off Your Mortgage Early?
- The Dangers of Home Equity Loans
- Learn How Much Interest Payments Really Cost
- 5 Questions To Ask Before Increasing Your Financial Commitments
- Credit Card Balance Transfer Pros and Cons
- Borrowing Money to Buy a Car?
- Refinancing Your Student Loans Could Save You Money
- Is Complete Debt Freedom Worth the Sacrifice?
- Massive Debt Permanently Changed Our Lives for the Better
- Can You Pay Off Debt Quickly And Have A Life?
- Credit Report: A Loved One Stole My Identity – What Can I Do?
- 3 Times Consolidating Loans May Not Be a Smart Move
- You May Be in Debt Because You Think Salary and Net Pay Are the Same Thing
- The Problems with Debt Rules of Thumb
- Credit Cards Aren’t All Bad – Here’s How They Can Help You
- What to Consider When Choosing a Credit Card
- What Is Your FICO Credit Score and How Is It Calculated?
- 5 Ways to Lower Your Debt Costs
- 13 Things You Shouldn’t Use Debt to Buy
- How to Avoid the Debt Consolidation Loan Trap When Paying off Debt
- 5 Ways to Pay Your Mortgage off Early
- Is A Loan A Good Idea?
- Before Your Debt Gets out of Hand: How to Stop Bankruptcy Before It’s Too Late
- Remaining Smart About Your Financial Obligations
- How to Get a Quick Loan Online
- How to Know How Much Money I Can Borrow
- 11 Must-Know Financial Tips for First Time Homeowners
- Are You Applying For Your First Mortgage? Here Are The Different Types of Mortgages
- Start Building an Emergency Fund: Don’t Get Lost In The Details
- 6 Ways to Stay Motivated While Paying off Debt
- Should You Use Zero Percent Offers to Make Expensive Purchases?
- Don’t Make These Mistakes When Trying To Get Out Of Debt
- 3 Important Things to Consider Before Applying for a Title Loan
- 3 Last Resort Options When You Can’t Afford To Pay Your Debts
- What Are the Different Types of Installment Loans?
- Ending the Debt Cycle: 4 Things You Can Do Today
- Was Your Loan Denied? Find out What to Do Now
- Navigating The Darker Side Of Money
- Declaring Bankruptcy: 6 Signs It Might Be Time to Throw in the Towel
- What Are the Best No Credit Loan Options in Las Vegas?
- Different Types of Loans and When to Use Them
- Line of Credit Vs. a Personal Loan: When Is the Right Time to Go for Each?
- What to do When Your Debt is Spiraling Out of Control
- 6 Need to Know Tips to Help You Pay Back Your Loan Without Any Problems
- What Does It Mean to Declare Bankruptcy and Whether You Should Do It
- Tips On How To Avoid Getting Into Debt
- What Happens If You Stop Making Payments on Credit Card Bills?
- Bouncing Back: A Beginner’s Guide to Repairing Your Credit
- 9 Ways to Pay for Unplanned Expenses (When You’re Already Broke)
- What We Learned about Student Loan Debt the Hard Way
- Getting Paid to Play: 10 Tips to Help You Choose the Best Travel Credit Card
- How to Get Excellent Credit in 3 Easy Steps
- Red Flags: When Your Debt Needs Attention
- 5 Ways to Minimize Your Chances of Holiday Debt
- Top 10 Reasons to File for Bankruptcy Right Away
- A Brief Overview of The Different Types of Business Loans
- How To Calculate Simple Interest and Understand How It Works
- What You Need to Know to Qualify for a Personal Loan in Canada
- How Much Money Should You Spend on the Holidays?
- Rights and Responsibilities of Consumers When Borrowing Online
- 9 Things You Should Know About Taking out a Personal Loan
- A Vigilant Vehicle Hunter: Buying A Car That’s Not A Deathtrap
- 7 Smart Tips for Getting Out of Credit Card Debt
- Your Ultimate Guide To Car Title Loans And When To Use Them
- The Beginner’s Guide to Using a Credit Card
- Declaring Bankruptcy in Canada: 3 Pros and Cons
- When to Consider Debt Consolidation